- Table of Contents
- mspgcc and C for the MSP430 FAQ
- Using C to program a small MCU produces slow bulky programs, doesn't it?
- I still have resort to some assembly language for things like interrupt routines,
and controlling the lower power modes, right?
- I will still need to use some assembly language somewhere, won't I?
- This thing is free, so it's second rate. Right?
- Where's the IDE? Development tools are worthless without an IDE.
- Without a IDE project manager it is a pain to compile code. What do I do?
- But I know from the past that the GNU GCC compiler is not the world's most efficient.
- The mspgcc manual doesn't really describe the GNU tools. Why?
- I've used the IAR compiler to program an MSP430, and it has a few nice features to
access the special features of the MSP430. What does mspgcc have?
- IAR provide a function to get a frame address of a function, allowing you more control.
Does mspgcc have anything similar?
- When I link my files with msp430-ld it keeps saying
"undefined reference to `__stop_progExec__'". What's up?
- I need to place a chunk of data in its own page in flash memory, so I can erase and
reprogram that page without erasing anything else. How can I do that?
- I want to jump from some arbitrary places to my exception handling code, to
deal with fatal error conditions. Is it possible to do this with mspgcc?
- I keep loosing communication with the target processor, when using
msp430-gdbproxy and a FET tool. Is mspgcc buggy?
- Some assembly language instructions seems to keep changing. Whats up?
- I think I found a bug in mspgcc. What do I do?
- I am getting link errors about missing multiply routines. What is wrong?
- I have well tested code, developed with another compiler, that gives
trouble with mspgcc. My main program changes a global variable OK. However,
inside an interrupt routine, the variable appears to have a different value.
If I change the variable in that interrupt and return, the variable sometimes
reverts to its value before the interrupt occured. Is mspgcc buggy?